The day started out with Heidi waking up at 6:30 to go to the bathroom and making every loud noise she possibly could on the way. Corbin woke up and climbed into bed with us and then Heidi climbed into bed with us when she was done in the bathroom. We didn't quite get to sleep in like we had hoped. It was a little hard for me to wake up and my sinuses were giving me issues. After getting up and around I was feeling a little bit better though.
We ate breakfast at the hotel and took our time and enjoyed it. Karen came at 11 to meet us so we could all hang out and go eat lunch. We walked around for a bit and went in a church to look around.
Not long into our walk, Corbin was asleep. At first I thought he was just tired from waking up early, but later I realized he actually had a fever. :(
This turned out a little dark, but this is a neat view of Dresden from the opera house.
We stopped by the Zwinger
Princess Heidi (also known as SuperHeidi) and her crown. :)
We found a place to eat and most of us ordered Schnitzel. It was actually the first real schnitzel meal for most of the group (at least this year).
Corbin slept through all of lunch and we packed some food for him to take back to the hotel. We stopped by the Apotheke (drug store) and picked up a few things we needed for the group and some children's ibuprofen for Corbin. At this point I figured I also needed some rest. We got back to the room and gave him his ibuprofen and I also lay down for a nap. After resting for awhile I felt a lot better and it didn't take long for Corbin to perk up and start playing again.
While we were resting, Clint took some of the campaigners to see some sights, especially the Frauenkirche. If you don't know what that is, I would encourage you to google it and read about it a little. It's a must-see in Dresden.
We went to the McDonald's in the evening to use the free wifi and for some hot chocolate and the kids also got something to eat. They gave us the small drink for Corbin for free. They called it a "Babyccino". I thought it was cute! I think it was mostly just milk.













No comments:
Post a Comment