In the afternoon we were really needing to do laundry so a group took a trip to the laundromat. The kids and I went back to the room for a much needed nap.
In the evening there was supposed to be a demonstration in the city center. Already that morning we saw lots of police placing barriers in the center.
We basically needed to avoid the city center that night so we went the other direction to find dinner. This photo is right outside our hostel. There were multiple police vans and they had all riot gear ready. As far as I know there was no rioting or violence but these demonstrations have been going on for a while on a regular basis according to the missionaries here. From what I gathered, the group that has more Nazi-like ideals, have been demonstrating against Muslims and foreigners in general. Then there is a counter group that demonstrated against this group.
We went away from that mess and found a really yummy and great priced Italian restaurant. It was so delicious that Clint and I said we need to mentally note this place for future reference.
When we were at the zoo on Saturday, Clint started really itching his leg. He thought he had a big bite and I noticed it had opened up and it almost looked like a hole and bled a little. He had put some cream and different things on it but it continued to get redder and redder and we were really concerned with it.
We decided he needed to go to the doctor the next day to check it out. Poor Taz was having problems. :(






No comments:
Post a Comment