Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2nd Day of Christmas


Clint and me at Wasserschloss Klaffenbach

In Germany, December 26th is also a holiday known as the 2nd Day of Christmas. I have to admit that it's really nice to have another excuse to be lazy and relax for another day. :) We ended up sleeping in and relaxing in the morning and then met up with Karen and her family and our friend Seppel. We took Snickers with us to a castle here in Chemnitz called Wasserschloss Klaffenbach. Last year we went there and just took a walk around the area and through the woods that are nearby. So we decided to do that again this year, and of course Snickers loved and I think everyone else had a good time too.


Dustin with Snickers, Wanda and Karen

I think afterwards we went back to Karen's and had some coffee and hot chocolate and leftover pie... yummy! Then we played Hand and Foot for quite a while. Then we ended up watching a movie. So once again it was a relaxing, fun day.

5 comments:

Alisha said...

Wow! I just noticed that your baby calendar at the top says 10 days to go!

I wish you all the best in the new year and as you start this new part of your lives together. It's going to be an exciting year!

Amanda said...

Enjoy those sleeping in days, they are numbered. Best wishes for the arrival of your little one.

Amanda said...

you and clint should continue the 2nd day of xmas tradition after you come back to that states! haha
i love hand and foot! we'll have to play together some day!

thegermanygirl said...

Hmm.....I guess we can be glad that Clint didn't have another encounter with a certain wooden bridge this year, eh? ;oD

Toni Burns said...

Thinking about you guys this week. I am sure you are super excited about baby Eby. Hope all goes well. Toni