Last Tuesday's class was good again. I don't know that I have anything really exciting to report about it, but I thought I would try to write about it anyway for those of you who are interested.
The first hour was spent listening to the midwife talk about the process during which we will be dilating. She once again got out the fabric pelvis and showed us some examples of the different sizes of dilation. (Don't worry, it was just a piece of wood with different size circles on it to show the progress.) This part was a little difficult for me to follow everything that she was saying for a couple of different reasons. 1. She tends to talk a little fast. 2. I was tired and it was 7:00 p.m. 3. I think she has a bit of a Sächsich accent. (The dialect from this region which can be difficult to understand if you have always tried to learn Hochdeutsch.) But overall I think that I understood most of what she said. This time she actually stayed on topic and I didn't get frustrated with her going off on some random tangent. Although I am glad she is sharing so much information with us, it is really difficult to sit still and listen for an entire hour. The reason for that is because it is so uncomfortable to sit on the floor (on mats) for that long. There are some pillows and most of us end up leaning against the wall with the pillows, but I ended up lying on my side by the end of the first hour because I was so uncomfortable.
Then we got to do some more exercises such as breathing and with those big exercise balls you can sit on. We did different techniques that can be used when we are in labor to relax us and help us breathe steadily and in a relaxed way. We also got to give each other back rubs again which was very nice. We also did some other breathing exercises standing up or leaning against the wall or a partner's back. She also told us how our spouses can help us in these positions.
The last part of the class we watched a birth video. I'm pretty sure I have seen one before in school at some point, but with the event coming up so soon, it sure is scary to watch! Although, I know it will be fine, it kind of makes you think... that is going to come out of me where???!!! But at the end of the video when the mother is holding her baby and is so happy that all the pain looks like it has vanished from her face it made me tear up and get excited about experiencing that moment when Clint is by my side and we are looking at our precious child for the first time. This is going to be an amazing, unforgettable experience! :) Praise God for his amazing miracles and blessings in our lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is the most amazing moment when they tell you to look down and see your baby coming out of you and you just fall in love with that little tiny baby. Who cares about the hours of labor before. You just want to get your hands on that little baby and smother it with kisses and hugs. I remember laying there while I was being stitched up and watching everyone else hug and kiss Ashlyn and being jealous. I didn't want to miss one minute of that special moment!:)
Love ya,
Big Sis
Post a Comment