I've discovered something very relaxing and enjoyable. Fußpflege... or something like a pedicure. Although, I have to say it's really not the same as a pedicure in the States. At least nothing that I have experienced in the States.
Well, I have officially gotten to the point of not being able to really comfortably reach my feet, especially to give them the attention they need in order to cut my toenails, put on shoes, etc. Anyway, I can reach them, but it is really really uncomfortable to try to reach them.
I decided that I needed a little bit of pampering and attention for my feet so I made an appointment to get a pedicure with my friend Sophia. She found a great place here in Chemnitz and made appointments for us to go together. Unfortunately the week we were supposed to go she got strep throat and was too sick to go. So I asked my friend Barbara if she would like to go with me. Barbara is Alex's wife who grew up in Hungary.
So we got there not really knowing what to expect and the lady that worked there was really nice. She took me to soak my feet in warm water for a few minutes and then she got rid of all the dry, dead skin and callouses. She cut my toenails and filed them down nicely. Then she rubbed sea salt on my feet while massaging them for a few minutes which was wonderful and that was basically it, but I have to say that it was a really great experience. Not only was the foot part great, but I had a good time talking with her while she worked on my feet. She was really friendly and talkative. Come to find out, she is also pregnant (not yet showing) and so we talked about that kind of stuff. Also, her father is Hungarian so when she worked on Barbara they were able to talk a little Hungarian together and I think they also had a good time.
I'm pretty sure I will have to go back again in a few weeks when I'm probably not able to even reach my feet at all! Here is a link to the place I went: Feet-n-nails.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll bet that was a real treat! Although, I would have loved the story about Clint pampering you with a pedicure.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment