Sunday, May 29, 2005

Very warm weekend

Well, it is officially summer here in Chemnitz, with temperatures reaching 91 degrees this weekend. Although it is a drastic jump from the 60's to 70's weather we have been experiencing the past few weeks, it is nice to finally say that it is summer. One that that is definitely misfortune is that there is not air conditioning pretty much anywhere. Most houses and apartments don't have it, including mine. Although, luckily, my apartment gets a lot of shade from the neighboring buildings so it stays pretty cool. Anyway, for those of you in Oklahoma complaining about having to leave your nice air conditioned homes to go into the heat, just imagine not having air conditioning at all. It's not so bad, you can definitely get used to it.

3 comments:

thegermanygirl said...

Summer allows my rim to hang absolutely.

Bart's Camille said...

I am in Texas and I had no air conditioning this weekend either. Does that make qualify me to empathize with you? Misery. Happy blogging!

April said...

Camille,
Yeah, I think that qualifies you to empathize. However, I'm sure for most of the summer you will have air conditioning. But I'm about to go to the States, so I have no room to complain.