Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Touching Story

Ok, this isn't really my story, but I had to share it with you. At the last English Bible study, Larry gave a lesson and he told a very touching story that was very sweet. I will try to tell it as well as I can, but hopefully you can get the main concept.

Several years ago there were some people who came to do mission work in Russia. They were working in an orphanage in Russia. Larry says the orphanages in Russia are not very nice places to be and the situations there are just sad. These missionaries would tell the children stories and do activities with them. Since it was around Christmas time, they thought they would tell them the story of Christmas. They didn't really have very much material to do activities with the children, but they found all that they could in their hotel room and with what they had. They were going to have the children make their own mangers with baby Jesus in them. They found pieces of cardboard and cut them up into pieces to make the manger and they took pieces of napkins to use as a cloth for the baby. Then they found some other material to make a baby Jesus. As they were helping the children put their mangers together one of the missionaries walked over to a boy who had two babies in his manger. The man went to get a translator and asked the little boy why he had two babies in the manger. The little boy went on to tell the story that at the birth of Jesus he had gone to the stable but he told baby Jesus that he had nothing to give him. He also told Jesus that he had no where to stay and no bed to sleep in. Jesus turned to him and said that he could stay there with him and keep him warm. The boy said, I have nothing to give you but I will sleep here with you and keep you warm. The boy began sobbing and crying and telling the man his life story and how he had no parents and no home. But on this day, the boy found Jesus and found a home with him forever. Jesus was never going to leave him or abandon him and with Jesus he always had a home.

I know this is not exactly the way that Larry told it, but it was so touching to me it really just about made me cry. I hope you can remember that in Jesus you always have a friend and that you always have a home.

No comments: