Saturday, June 14, 2014

Wednesday, June 4th


My little man is ready to go to another school!

One of the church members has a contact that they read in the Bible with. She is a teacher and invited us to her school. Our group split into 3 small groups. One group went outside to play ultimate frisbee. Clint and Corbin went to that. I don't have any photos from that but I heard they all had fun. The EFG (English for Germany) team also went with us and helped out. 

Another group (the Seaman family) went into a classroom of 9th graders and spoke about their experience with homeschooling. In Germany, homeschool is illegal, so they were very interested to hear what it is like and how it works in America. They were very inquisitive and asked many questions about America. 

My group went into a fifth grade class and taught easy kids songs and the kids split up into 4 groups and each one learned one of the songs we taught and then performed it in front of the class. They did a great job!

I taught thus group "I'm a little tea pot". Heidi helped out. 

Erika taught "The Hokey Pokey"

Hannah taught "Father Abraham"

Savanna taught "If You're Happy and You Know It"

I think we all had a very interesting experience there and we invited the students to our activities. 

The kids got to ride on a little carousel at the ice cream cafe. This is the only photo I have because Clint took the others. 

It had warmed up a bit so Clint was sporting his lovely man-pris. ;)

We have been taking public transportation to save money on transportation and it has been pretty easy to get around the city. 

Me with part of the group. 

No comments: