This was the view from our hostel in Chemnitz. The white tower is the City Hall. As I was looking out, I also heard the church bells ringing. So beautiful!
We went to the church building in the morning to make some blankets. The blankets will be taken to Bulgaria in November when a group from the churches in Chemnitz and Leipzig take other warm clothing and help make repairs in church members apartments. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of us making the blankets on my phone. I will have to upload those from my camera later. The church members in Bulgaria are very poor and only have the option to pay for heat or food during the winter so many go without heat. The warm clothes and blankets will hopefully help them stay warmer.
On our way to an outing with the Chemnitz church members.
Tram ride
Ready for a tour of Chemnitz in an old street car!
As a thank you, the Chemnitz church took us on a tour that started at the street car museum. We got to look through the museum there and they explained the history of the street car in Chemnitz. It was very interesting. We got to get on an old street car and do a little tour of the city. We got out at another area where they work on street cars and heard a bit more about maintenance etc.









No comments:
Post a Comment