I promised an explanation for the meaning to the title so here it is:
The idea actually came from our friend Janine in Chemnitz/Dresden. :) She wrote it in a memory book that our friends made for us when we were leaving Germany. Many of our friends made personalized pages with notes and messages for us to keep and to help us remember the time we had in Chemnitz. It is something that we will treasure forever. In Janine's message she made a play on words with our name to communicate the love she has for us and that we will always be in her heart and the hearts of the church there.
I wanted to use the title for our blog because it is a mutual feeling for us as well. Even though we are thousands of miles away from our Chemnitz family, they have left a permanent mark on our hearts that will last the rest of our lives. Everything that we do in our lives from this point forward will be still somehow be influenced by our experiences in Germany. That is why we will miss them and ache to see them often. But, we know that God has blessed our lives because of them and the time we had there. We pray that we may see them again someday soon.
If I could post a picture of every single person who made an impact on me, I would. But for now, I will leave you a few pictures from over the years of some very special people.

5 comments:
What can I say to that? I love you guys!! I truly miss you each day in some way big or small!! Thanks for including me in your lives and letting me so much of a part of it!! love you Crackas!!!
I love the name, April! I also don't mind working on a header for you guys (one of my all time favorite hobbies!) if you want, it wouldn't take me too long! lmk!
It seems that the people in Chemnitz have a lasting effect on people. When I think of my friends in Chemnitz, 1 Thessalonians 2:8 often comes to mind.
We love and miss you guys. I think the header is a great idea. I have no idea how to individualize that stuff...maybe you should take Allison up on her offer...she's always changing hers to look really cool! God bless you as you continue on your journey...
love,
Bri
love it!
Post a Comment