I am not really sure why I make the title sound so exciting, but that was all I could think of as a title. I am actually really interested in seeing how this month goes, though. I have been told by many people that September is the best month here, weather-wise. It is supposed to be really nice during this time. I am excited to see if the first 5 days of weather will continue because so far it has definitely been up to its standards.
I really am not sure what I am going to write about today, but I noticed that I had kind of neglected my blog and I want to try to keep it more up to date and tell more things about what I am doing and thinking.
Today Robert and Brenda Stolte were at church with their kids Spencer, Alex, and Mary Ellen. They are a really nice family that have lived in Dresden for the past 4 or 5 years. They are moving back to the States in about a week. I was able to talk to Robert for a little bit this morning and it was good to talk to him about his experiences and what is going through my head right now at this point in my experience in Germany. I was really glad to get his opinion and tips as to what to expect. Pray for them as they transition into a new life in the Dallas area. I know it will be very different for them and will take a lot of time to get used to it.
Tomorrow I start my German class at the Volkshochschule. Clint and I are going to leave pretty early to make sure we can get there in plenty of time. We will leave around 7:15 to get to catch a bus by 7:22. Needless to say, I'm going to bed pretty soon so I can get some rest. I am very determined to learn German, as is Clint and so it is very exciting to us. It is however, a little bit scary. I am a little nervous about it and hope that it won't be too hard. I know it will be somewhat hard and that will be a good challenge, but I also hope that I can understand everything and learn a lot. I know it will be fine and God will get me through this challenge, but just pray from me! I would really appreciate it!
Well, I hope to let you know how our first day goes and try to keep you more up to date with everything here! I'm off to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
April,
September is a wonderful month, mostly because by the end of it, fall is here to stay. My favorite season!
Glad you got to see the Stoltes one more time before they leave Germany. We will pray for you and Clint--we have been already! Good luck with your German lessons and have fun! Everybody learns differently and in different ways. Have patience, because even if you don't notice it at first, in six months you'll be astounded at how much you've learned. Then you can impress your family and friends back home!
April, ich bin mir sicher, dass du und Clint bald sehr gut in Deutsch sein werdet. Ich merke schon, wie ihr in den letzten Wochen Fortschritte gemacht habt. Und das ist wunderbar! ;o) Macht nur weiter so, irgendwann haut's schon hin. ;o)
Hab dich lieb!
C.
Oh, SURE, show off, Courtney, why dontcha? Just cause you grew up in GERMANY and all that...ha!
Just kidding, just kidding......I'm just lucky I understood it at all :-) *sheepish grin*
by the way, that was me on the first comment.
Bri
Dear HIM Committee,
Our fellow HIM Supervisors have learned German and understand it when people write it. Do you believe this is scriptural?
Sincerely,
April's HIM Supervisors
;o)
Dear HIM Committee,
I feel that my HIM supervisors write too many letters to the committee. I would appreciate it if you would ask them not to do so.
Sincerely,
April
By the way Bri,
Thanks for your comments and I'm with you on the showing off part. Ha ha, JK Court!
Post a Comment