Guten Tag! My German class has been going very well! I have had to get up so early though! But, it is good for me. :) On the first day I was a little nervous, but then the teacher started and she spoke slowly and annunciated very well! I could understand everything she was saying. When we started the grammar section, however, it was a little more difficult. It will be a challenge, but I am already learning so much! I have already had a little more confidence to practice my German and to speak to some people.
There are 10 students in my class, altogether. They are from all over the world! There are students from Cuba, Thailand, Poland, Syria, Russia, Bulgaria, and Romania. The man from Romania is originally from Hungary. It is really amazing to have all of us in the class together! There are several of the students who also speak English so Clint and I have been able to communicate with them. The Russian girl is really nice. She is 20 years old and her name is Anastasia but she goes by Nastya. We have been getting to know each other and today we went shopping together. Next week Clint and I are going to go on a day trip to Dresden with her. The man from Romania has talked to us about the church and is interested in coming to practice his German. We have given him information about the meeting times and hopefully he will come soon.
So far, this week has been really interesting, full of new experiences. We will see how the rest of the week turns out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, we'd love to have this guy at our worship if he wants to come--glad your German is going well. I think from your blog that you will be a quick learner ;-)
Bri
Dear HIM Committee,
The workers you sent us have been talking to people. Please let us know how we should handle this problem.
Sincerely,
April's HIM Supervisors
Bri,
Thanks for the encouragement. I know it can be frustrating at times, but I know that is just part of the learning process.
Court,
You are a weirdo.
Post a Comment