Terrell Hershel Cox
April 28, 1925- January 4, 2010
Granddad passed away sometime after 2:00 this morning. Clint, Heidi and I were just there visiting from Thursday until yesterday. When we left yesterday, I knew it would be the last time to see him before he went home. I have to say that I felt somewhat relieved to hear that he is no longer suffering. At the same time it is so hard to even grasp that he is gone and that Papa is also gone... all within such a short period of time. I just have to put my trust in God that He is still here, giving us comfort and strength.
I will always remember that everytime I saw Granddad he usually said something like, "Darlin', did you know that I love you?" I can hear his West Texas accent and feel his strong hug and kiss on the face. He did love his family. He loved Grandma so much and loved his girls and their kids just as much.
Heidi and I will drive back to Texas with my Dad tomorrow. Please continue to remember us in your prayers.
Granddad and his sisters
12-27-09
2 comments:
It's such a blessing that you were able to spend time with your granddad in his last days. It's always difficult to say goodbye, even when you know he has gone home to a better place. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Please know we keep you in our prayers!
The Moehlers
Post a Comment