Saturday, August 29, 2009

Return to the USA

Clint, Heidi and I arrived in Oklahoma 9 days ago. I guess the past week has gone pretty smoothly. We are doing well and trying our best to adjust. We have had lots of good times spent with my family. It has been wonderful seeing Heidi play with her cousins and with Mimi and Papa. We bought a truck on Monday. That was pretty exciting and we are enjoying it.

Clint tried to unpack and put away his things a couple of days ago, but I guess I just kept putting it off until today. I finally unpacked the rest of the suitcases and put everything away and tried to make our rooms in my parents house as comfortable as possible. In some ways, I guess that was very satisfying to finally be out of our suitcases and living like normal people. In another way, it was a realization for me that we are officially living outside of Germany.

I sat down and looked at some photos, read some cards from dear friends and a few tears came to my eyes tonight. I wanted to wallow in self pity but I decided that would do me no good. I tried to just smile and look at the wonderful memories and then finished up organizing our room.

I have also been putting off writing on my blog. Every time I thought about writing something, no words came to mind. I almost feel guilty to talk about the good and fun times we are having with our family because I miss my friends in Germany so much and I don't want them to think that I don't miss them. But I know that I promised to write and to keep this updated for my friends as well. So I am really going to try to do the best I can.

I hope this blog post is not as depressing as I think it is. Actually, I will end the post with some photos to lift the spirit of the post. :)

I hope you are all doing well. Love you!


Heidi and Casen are quickly becoming friends. Casen is the son of my good friends Josh and Amanda. he is 10 days younger than Heidi.


I got to see some great friends the day after I arrived. Pictured here is Laura (my voice teacher in college), Heidi, me, April (roommate and good friend from college) and Amanda (good friend from college). It was wonderful getting to spend time with these girls! Thank you for making me feel so welcome!


Our truck! It's a 2000 GMC Yukon.


Us in front of our truck.


Heidi playing with her cousins: Claire- 3 years and Lydia- 21 months. They thought the funnest thing about the park was stomping in a puddle and getting dirty. :)


I think Clint had just as much fun (if not more) as the girls did in the pool. In the picture is also my brother, Jonathan.

3 comments:

Charity said...

APRIL!!!! Girl, you look amazing and your daughter is amazingly gorgeous! What a blessing on your lives she must be....wow...I still can't believe our crazy selves have children!

I am dying to find a way to bring Braden up to OKC to get him together with Heidi and Casen! I need to get your email again so we can make it happen :)

Anyways, I imagine it's so difficult readjusting but you look like you're doing beautifully and we'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Love & miss ya!

Anonymous said...

danke für's posten.
ich hoffe du gibst das blogen nicht auf.
liebe grüße
sophia

Amanda said...

great photos