Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Baby Update- Week 22

On September 13th, we had an appointment with a specialist to check on the baby's development and see how everything was going. They were able to see all the organs and see if everything was working properly. They also measured different parts of the body to see if it was on schedule size-wise. My regular doctor, Dr. Ruppert, said that we should be able to find out the sex at this appointment since the equipment is very high tech and everything. We were so excited to go to this appointment since it had been about 5 weeks since we had seen a doctor at all and we hadn't been able to see any ultrasounds for awhile or find out the sex yet. When we arrived there, we were excited to find out that they also do the 3D pictures during the ultrasound and we had the choice of buying the 3D pictures alone, buying a full video of the entire ultrasound plus the 3D pictures, or just a CD with clips of the ultrasound plus the 3D pictures. We went for the full video and 3D pictures. We went in there and it was really fun to get to see how much Eby had grown and see "him" moving around. Then it was really amazing to get to see the 3D pictures. To actually see a little face was amazing! Before we had started she asked us if we wanted to know the sex and we told her "yes!" Well, the doctor went through the whole ultrasound and checked everything and it all was on schedule and looked good and healthy. We also were able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! That was really neat.
Then at the end she said something to the effect of, "Well, I guess we are not going to be able to tell what the sex is. You will have to see at your next appointment." Talk about being disappointed. I know we had told everyone that we would find out as soon as we got back from Germany and here our doctor is saying she doesn't know! But the main point is that the baby is healthy and we realize it isn't so important to know right now. We would love to know and it would be convenient for us so that we can do some planning, but we can do that all without knowing anyway. One bad thing about the video is that it is a German VHS tape which does not work on our American one. So we think we will ask a friend to put it on a DVD and then I can post it on here hopefully. Here are the 3D pictures that we got.




This is the profile.



This is the head and face. You can really see the face in the top picture. How cool! In the bottom picture, Eby had put his arms up over his face. That's our cutie!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

April,
Those sonograms are so cool. We didn't get 3D ones and they are so awesome. Your baby is so cute! I have been checking your page so much to see if you found out the gender, but I guess I'm going to have to keep waiting. I'm so glad everything is going well and your baby is healthy. It's amazing isn't it?

Andrea

Amanda said...

we had one like that too - with his arms up over his face. i'm glad everything looked so good. I can't wait to meet him/her! he definitely wants you and clint to be suprised haha.

Kimberly said...

Clint and April,
Your baby is beautiful! We are lifting praises up to our Father that everything is going well and Eby is healthy and growing as he/she should! I especially love the bottom picture with his/her arms up around his/her head - looks like he/she is saying -"Enough with the sonogram! Leave me alone!" I know you are anxious to find out what sex Eby is, hopefully he/she will be more willing to cooperate next time. love you guys and know that you are in our continued prayers!
Kimberly and Brian

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! That's so cool... I am very glad to hear that everything is going well with the baby, that it is growing and that I can, even though it's only on weekends, be part of this all. I am sooo glad that you are here and that things are working out! I love you! Ja9

Tina said...

what cool pictures! I've never seen the 3D style, great stuff!

And how good to know everything is ok and mother & child are healthy!!