There are many Christmas traditions that we have learned since living in Chemnitz. They are all so wonderful and so I want to share them with you all. We have been able to share all of these traditions with the missionaries here. So it was the Sullivans, Cantrells, Karen and us! This year even Courtney's parents, the Wegers, were able to join in on the fun. On Christmas Eve there is always a drive through the mountain villages to look at the pretty lights and of course sing Christmas carols! This year was interesting since it was really foggy and it was hard to actually see all the lights and decorations. We still had fun despite the foggy weather.
After the drive through the mountains it is also the tradition to have a meal of cheese fondue! I honestly had never had fondue before coming to Chemnitz and I must say that I was really missing out because it is so yummy! After fondue we had a gift exchange.
On Christmas morning Clint and I opened all of our presents together. I think it is fun to start new traditions for our own family and I have enjoyed spending Christmas morning with Clint very much!
For Christmas Dinner we joined the Sullivans and Karen. I made sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole and Clint made cole slaw. Pam made turkey and ham and a couple of other side items and it was all quite delicious!
One of the fun things we did after Christmas was go on a walk in the forest near Wasserschloss in Chemnitz.
No comments:
Post a Comment