
Westminster Abbey

Westminster Abbey is basically an indoor cemetary. It is seriously amazing how many people are buried in there! Of course all the kings and queens are there and then there is Charles Darwin. Can anyone explain to me why Charles Darwin is buried in Westminster Abbey?? I mean, isn't that blasphemy or something? We were discussing that same topic when a tour group came close by to his grave and I think I heard the tour guide state that the place where he was buried is in a pretty bad spot and basically people walk over him every day constantly, so I guess they got the last word, huh?
3 comments:
That is a very good question, April! I wonder if Darwin knew where he was going to be buried BEFORE he died? He probably rolled over in his grave! ;) I'm glad the people got the last word though! Ha Ha!
Poor Mr. Darwin! ;o) That is hilarious!
Yeah, that's a pretty good one. ;)
Post a Comment