Friday, October 21, 2005

7 Things

April Stephens requested that I make this list of 7 Things a long time ago... and what can I say... I have been a bit behind on my response.

7 Things I Want To Do Before I Die...

  • Be a mommy!
  • Be fluent in German
  • Lead a short term mission campaign to Germany
  • Travel the world... there's still so much to be seen!
  • Celebrate many wonderful years of marriage with my sweet husband
  • Be the humble servant God wants me to be
  • Realize that the things in life aren't important, but being with God in heaven is what is important

7 Things I Can Do...

  • Speak German (just not fluently)
  • Sing
  • Read music
  • Teach people about God
  • Ice skate
  • Whistle like a bird
  • More than I can ever imagine... if I only have faith in God

7 Things I Can't Do...

  • Drive a standard car... I should probably add that to my list of things to do
  • The splits... ouch!
  • Look at my husband without smiling and thanking God for such a wonderful blessing
  • Not cry when I'm hurting
  • Forget what Jesus did
  • Save myself from my own sinful ways
  • Tell God enough how much I love Him!

7 Things That Attract Me To My Husband...

  • His sweet smile
  • His generous spirit
  • His humor
  • His loving, compassionate manner
  • His dedication to helping others
  • The way he shows me how to always refocus on what is important
  • The way he shows me sympathy and love through all situations

7 Things I Say Most Often...

  • "Your Mom"
  • "Oh my goodness"
  • "________ down" --Fill in the blank with anything such as... "chip down"
  • "Baby" to my husband
  • "I love you" to my husband
  • "Schatzi" to my husband
  • "Ya know what I mean?"
7 Reasons Why I Love Germany...
  • My wonderful friends
  • German is fun to speak
  • It is a beautiful country
  • The Amiecke... i.e. all of the Chemnitz missionaries: Ed and Courtney, Karen, and Larry and Pam
  • The Churches in Saxony and all of Germany for that matter
  • German food
  • It's hard to explain, but I believe God led me here so it's in my heart

7 People That I Want To Pray For...

  • Betty Wooldridge (Mama)
  • Wayne Stephens
  • Kevin
  • My new niece Claire and her wonderful new parents: Jonathan and Lana
  • Ed's family
  • The leaders in the Church all around the world
  • John Sullivan

1 comment:

Smileyneel :O) said...

Oh April, I feel so honored to be one the people mentioned in this blog!! You guys are one reason I love Germany too! You know, it's easy to understand you comment, "I feel that God led me here", I can totally relate!!! love you, Karen :O)