
Sledding

A couple of Saturdays ago several of us went sledding at Augustusburg. We had a really great time. Unfortunately, that was the day that I started to get pretty sick. I was feeling fine that afternoon, but by the evening I was feeling really bad. I tried to get some rest on Sunday because on Monday I was going to a seminar called ABSS or Advanced Bible Study Series in Gemuenden. So on Monday I left with Clint, Robert (one of the members from Chemnitz) and Allison from Dresden to the seminar. I steadily felt worse and worse as the day went on and Tuesday I felt possibly worse. But I tried hard to still participate in everything. In the afternoon I was able to get some sleep and that helped a lot so by Wednesday I was feeling a lot better. Jim Dvorak and Glenn Pemberton were there speaking and it was really great to see them. Also, another HIM worker, Katy, was there from France. I had a good time getting caught up with everyone. I also got to meet a lot of other people there. I had a good time despite the fact that I was sick half the time. Ed came on Thursday and was able to take us home on Friday.
On Sunday evening I got a call from my brother and sister-in-law, Jonathan and Lana. They had really great news to share with me. They are going to have a baby! They are due in October so when I go home this summer Lana should be big. I am so excited and blessed to become an aunt twice this year! In case you don't remember, my sister and brother-in-law, Doug and Amy are having a baby this month! She is due on March 30th! Please pray for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment