Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Lady In Waiting

Hi friends! Does anyone even read this?? I was just wondering. Ha ha, I have no idea. It snowed a little bit earlier, but not for long and now the sun is out and shining bright and has melted anything that even tried to stick. Larry said this is like the month of April. There is a saying that I have heard several times because of my name: "April, April der weisst nicht was er will." (I hope that is right) It means: April, April (s)he doesn't know what (s)he wants. (Technically it is in masculine form because the months are masculine. Don't ask me why.) This is in reference to the weather.

I'm reading a book called "Lady In Waiting: Developing Your Love Relationships" by Debby Jones and Jackie Kendall. I recommend it to any women who are single, dating, engaged, or even married. The main point of it is to develop your relationship with God first before your relationship with a man, boyfriend or spouse. Here are some favorite quotes from the book that I have read so far:
"Lady in Waiting is not about finding the right man, but being the right woman."

"A woman becomes a woman when she becomes what God wants her to be."

"Happy indeed are those people, married or single, who have discovered that happiness is not found in marriage but in a right relationship with God."

"No one, not even the man you will marry one day, can make you happy--only Jesus can."

"God knows that you will never be complete until you really understand that you are complete in Jesus."

"When two 'incomplete' singles get married, their union will not make them complete. Their marriage will be simply two 'incomplete' people trying to find completeness in one another."

"If the Lord wants to give you a man, He does not need your clever 'chance rendezvous.' This is not advocating that you avoid men completely and expect the Lord to 'UPS' His choice to your front door."

"Even though Ruth was young in her faith in the God of Israel, she chose to trust with her heart for the future her eyes could not yet see."

"Datelessness is a common type of debris that irritates the 'eyes of faith,' but the eye wash treatment--quality time with Jesus and reading His Word--is always effective."

"If Jesus wants you married, He will orchestrate the encounter."

"Are the sands of singleness causing you bitterness right now, or are you allowing these trials to change you into a pearl? The Lord wants you to be a Lady of Virtue--a costly, beautiful pearl for all to admire."

"As you set your attention on developing godly character, Christ will change you into the beautiful princess He created you to be."

"Are you becoming a virtuous woman that a man may need as a helpmate? Are you using these days to develop godliness in order that, if asked, you will be ready? Whether you marry or not, every woman should seek the virtues of Christlikeness."

"God's Spirit, however, produces true inner beauty, as you confess your sin, avoid displeasing God's Spirit, obey even the slightest of His promptings, and give the Holy Spirit full control of your life. Pearls of godly character take time to develop, but how blessed is the woman adorned by them."

"When you love someone, you give them your heart, the center of you being. God asks for no less. He desires a totally devoted heart."

"Do you know God in a way that causes Him to be an intimate, personal part of your being as you may desire a husband to one day be?"

"Sin is far more repulsive to God than even onion breath is to a sweetheart."

"You are the one who determines the depth of your relationship with God."
Well, those are just some really good points that I have read so far. Maybe I can put more in as I read it. I hope they can be encouraging to you no matter what your "situation" is.





2 comments:

Terrie said...

Sounds like a good book. And you are the Princess that God wanted you to be! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey April, those are some great quotes. Thanks for sharing them! -Allison