Clint and I are engaged!
By now all or most of you have heard our news! Once again, here is the story.
On Wednesday night, December 22, we were celebrating with the Cantrells and the Sullivans and exchanging presents. After all the presents were opened, Larry said that there was one more present for Clint and I. I thought this was strange since we already got our presents from everyone. He informed us that we would have to go out to the workshop to get it. This was even more strange, since he usually just has tools and antiques and things out there. But, I cluelessly said ok and grabbed my camera, as they told me to take a picture of the gift and show it to them. We walk outside and I asked Clint if he knew what this was about. He said that he didn't and so we continued towards the workshop. (At this point I am still suspecting nothing). Well, we get outside and I am playing with the camera, so Clint takes it away from me. We don't even get to the workshop and Clint turns to me and takes my hands. At this point, I FINALLY realize something is going on. He continues to recite this poem (which made me cry because it was so cute and sweet) :)
Baby, me love you long time.
I hope you enjoy this little rhyme.
It started when I could hold my feelings no longer,
and I was so glad when you didn't take long to ponder.
Under the Bridge in Oelsnitz I said "I think I like you".
You quickly responded "I think I like you too".
Since that time my love for you grew and grew.
It didn't take long before my heart knew;
that baby you complete my life.
Will you make me the luckiest man and be my wife?
Then he gets down on his knee as he says the last line. (There was snow on the ground, by the way--ok some people would argue with this, but there really was some snow in the driveway). Of course I said yes and he slipped the ring on my finger. It was so perfect! We were able to go back into the house and share the news with everyone! It was so great to share it with them! I'm thankful that I'm also able to share this news with you in this way even when many of you are far away from us. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment