Well, it's another Saturday and I really enjoy them these days because it seems like the week is so busy that I have no time to relax. Normally Saturday is also a nice day that I spend the morning having pancakes with the Sullivans. Today, however, was an exception because Pam had to give a test today so there were no pancakes. My favorite part about it is that I get to meet with the Sullivans and just talk with them. It seems like all of our schedules are so busy during the week that I don't really get a chance to talk to them about how their week is going and things like that. I forgot about Pam having to give her tests today and I still went over at about 8:30 and still got to have coffee with Larry. We had a good time talking.
Now at about this time I can see some people's minds turning and I know exactly what you are thinking. Anyone who knows me is asking probably two questions right now. Number one question that I'm guessing is on your mind: "You were awake at 8:30 on a Saturday morning?" Yes, I actually usually try to be up sometime between 8:00 and 8:15 on Saturdays to have pancakes with the Sullivans. I really enjoy this time. Would I really like to sleep in and wake up at noon? Yes, but I enjoy pancake time so much that I would really hate to miss it. I find that 8:00 is a lot easier to wake up at than 6:30, which is when I usually "try" to wake up during the week for German class. It usually ends up being closer to 7:00 though. Number 2 question you are asking yourself: "You drink coffee now? I though you hated it!" Yes, you are right. I used to hate the smell and taste of it. Well, I live in Germany now and coffee is a staple in most German homes. At first when everyone offered me coffe I would just ask if they had tea instead. That usually is fine and people aren't offended at all. Then Courtney introduced me to her cappucino. Well, cappucino isn't that bad and then I started drinking that when I had guests over and if people offered me coffee. I acutally like it now and I found some good flavors. Then I upgraded to trying real coffee and it took a few times and experiments with the right amount of cream and sugar and if I have the right amount I really like it. So, there you have it... I'm now a coffee drinker. Well, I don't drink it on a regular basis and I only have it when people offer it or if the main prupose of getting together with friends is for coffee, but I'm glad that I don't think it's as nasty as I once thought.
Today I am going to Dresden for the monthly church singing fellowship. It should be pretty fun and I think I will enjoy it. Clint is pretty sick right now and he is going to stay home today. Keep him in your prayers. He thinks he has an infection. He has a lot of stuff in his chest right now. If he's not better by Monday I will try to get him to go to the doctor. Oh, also something you can add to your prayer list is that I got a letter from the foreigner authorities about my visa process and they said that I have not turned all the papaerwork that I was supposed to and I know that I have. My temporary visa expires next week and they said that if I don't get my paperwork in they will deny my visa. Courtney tried to call them yesterday because I just received this letter on Thursday. She was not able to talk to anyone and e-mailed someone about it. She will also try to call on Monday. Just keep that whole situation in your prayers.
Have a great Saturday! I know I will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment