Every day I am reminded how blessed I am by my beautiful children. They make me smile, melt my heart, and I get lots of laughs from them. Yes, sometimes they frustrate me and make me crazy, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Today was the perfect example of all of these things combined all in one, but it was an amazing day with my precious family.
Having a 2-year-old can always be interesting. You never know when there will be a melt down or when he just decides he wants to be completely independent and run off by himself. It's definitely never boring. Corbin actually did great at church today. We usually take him to the nursery during the sermon because he just hasn't been able to make it through the entire worship without a melt down, but other than that, he did great in church! We went to lunch afterwards and he was eating so nicely and being so good. I made the mistake of telling him that. I said, "Corbin, you are being such a good boy today! You are doing gr---" and before the sentence was completely out of my mouth, he proceeded to spit his milk out of his mouth intentionally, all over the place.... sometimes you should just enjoy it while it's happening, and say nothing. :)
After we got home, I remembered I wanted to take pictures with the kids before we all changed clothes. We went outside to take a pretty photo. It didn't go very well...
 |
| Corbin wanted to play outside, not take pictures |
 |
| It was extremely windy |
 |
| Corbin was still not cooperating... |
 |
| I got a decent one with Heidi... |
 |
| While Corbin was having a melt down because he wanted to play outside and not take pictures... |
 |
| We tried again after nap... nope. |
|
|
 |
| Finally... smart phones are amazing inventions, with the reversible camera! |
|
|
 |
| And since I didn't get a good one with both of them, this is from Easter. :) |
I love those kiddos, ornery or not. The icing on the cake was when we put them to bed, I got lots of sweet kisses and hugs. As we are leaving Corbin's room, we always tell him we love him and goodnight. As we were leaving, I heard this sweet little voice say, "love you!" Best ending of the day ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment