The other day, probably the 3rd or 4th day of school, Heidi was saying a prayer at breakfast. She said, "Dear God, thank you for this day that it is the last day of school. In Jesus' name, Amen." I smiled to myself and then explained to her that it was not her last day of school but that she would be going every day now except for weekends. Ha ha... you have a ways to go, kid! But she wasn't upset about this, she just said "OK" when I told her. Not sure how she got that in her head. :-)
On the way to school today we were saying a prayer in the drop off line. I had prayed for her to have a good day at school and for Corbin and I to have a good day and for Daddy to have a good day. I asked that God be with us and look over us. After I was done, Heidi asked how God could be with all of us. This question surprised me, but I was glad she was thinking about it and asked. I just explained how God can do anything and even though we are all in different places, He can be with us all. Easy, right? Well, I told her that I didn't really understand how it worked, but that I knew he takes care of us all and is always with us. She seemed satisfied at that answer, for now anyway. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment