Thursday, April 14, 2011

Snickers

I started this post at the end of March, after hearing the news about our beloved four-legged friend, Snickers. As you can tell from my blog, I haven't been that great with keeping up with it. However, I still want to share some things about Snickers and her quirkiness that I will miss.

It didn't take long for Snickers to attach herself to Clint. She loved him so much, and he loved her!

Snickers' exciting adventure to Plauen! A friend invited us all to his art studio and wanted Snickers to come along. she was very nervous and rode most of the way on Karen's lap.

Snickers got really excited about the potato launcher. The boys would use the leftover fireworks and put it in a pipe and put potatoes in there to shoot out. Silly boys...

Getting ready for the launch!

The anticipation!

Traditional day after Christmas walk in the woods at the Wasserschloss. Snickers loved going on walks.

Aren't we cute? Snickers even had a Christmas ribbon on. :)


Snickers on her rug. She was supposed to stay on that rug and not come into the dining room.

She of course loved to curl up and sleep.

She was a sweet dog and loved attention.


When we grilled outside she would sniff every inch of the ground around the grill and table in hopes of finding crumbs. I'm pretty sure she licked up a lot of dirt.

Did someone say food?!

Remember how she was supposed to stay on her rug? Yeah, this is usually what it looked like.... she was touching the rug with her backside, does that count? :)

Getting some special Thankgiving dinner!

On a walk at the Wasserschloss

Snickers taking Dustin, Karen's nephew, on a walk. :)

Snickers was a card shark, bet you didn't know! :)

I'm pretty sure Snickers either just licked Clint or she was about to in this picture.

Cuddles

Chilling

Snickers decided she liked Clint's gym bag and we found her laying on it more than once.

Christmas morning, Snickers got to open her stocking.

Treats!

When Heidi was born, Snickers was very jealous for a long time. Eventually she came around and they became good buddies. :)



Snickers got very excited to go to the May Day parade... maybe a little too excited.

Sometimes Snickers would make little burrow under the bushes.

Our last walk with Snickers in November 2010


Snickers loved playing in the snow

Look at her patiently waiting for her picture to be taken. :)

Heidi loved Snickers too!

Friends forever

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh!! I had no idea that Snickers passed away. I'll definitely miss that wobbly little dog :-(

Thanks for the great pictures!