We just bought a grill the week of the party and so we had talked about "breaking it in". I asked Clint if he wanted to invite someone over to use it. Little did I know he had already invited a bunch of people over to help us break it in! So he made up a story about some friends of ours coming over and we started setting the table and he had the grill fired up. A little after noon, I happened to look out the window and saw our friends Josh and Amanda and their two kids walking up to the house. Our neighborhood was having a garage sale so there were a lot of people in the neighborhood that day. I told Clint, "Oh, maybe they were looking at the garage sales and decided to stop by." Ha ha... then, I saw several other people following them. I went to the door and when they came in they said, "Happy Birthday!" I was still unsure what was going on for a few seconds... I was pretty shocked! But then I realized what was going on... I was shaking and nervous and I started crying! I was a mess! But they were happy tears! Here are some pictures from that day. If I could post all the pictures I have from that day I would, but that would make this blog post really long. So if you want to look at more photos check out my Flickr site! :) The link is on the left.
My niece Lydia and Heidi played with baby Liam and he enjoyed Heidi's old exersaucer
Our fun new friends John and Emily were there!
My sister Amy and niece Ashlyn drove from Houston! I was very surprised to see them!
Amanda and her sweet baby Liam
My niece Claire and Heidi- such cuties!
Dad and my niece Lydia
Me and my sis-in-law Lana
Dustin and Scott (Heather and Megan were there too) Heidi loves playing with Scott and Megan!
Josh, Courtney, and Dustin enjoying conversation
Jeremy, Kristi and Jacoby came...Tessa was running around somewhere!
My parents, Claire me and Heidi with my birthday cake

All the cousins- couldn't get Ashlyn to smile
Me and Courtney
My sister, Amy, and me
My brother Jonathan and 3 giggly girlsAlso I was surprised when Clint played a video for me of the Chemnitz church singing Happy Birthday to me! It made me cry! Thank you all for making this day so special for me!














2 comments:
Love the pictures - looks like you had a great time with great people! Your hubby really is a great guy :) ... and you totally deserved the coolest 30th b-day ever!
I so wish you had been here or I had been there for your birthday! It's just not right that we didn't get to celebrate it together! But I'm looking forward to nachfeiern when I'm there in 24 days!!!
love you, Cracka
Post a Comment