Last week(?) it snowed quite a bit and it all came at once. It snowed for a couple of days straight without stopping, or so it seemed. I will share some beautiful photos of it.
We took a quick family picture outside church before we went into the warmth.
Velony and the other kids had a great time after church playing in the snow.
Later, Heidi and I watched the snow from the warmth inside.
Monday morning was not so much fun... it had continued to snow throughout the night and Karen had to go to school in the morning so that is what happened... Clint pushed her out of the driveway.
Here in Germany it is required that you shovel a path on your property, especially on the sidewalk where others walk by. If you do not shovel and someone were to fall you could get fined or maybe worse(?).
A few weeks ago one of the men from church sent out a schedule of the men who would be on duty to shovel snow at the church building. They have a rotation where one man is responsible for one week at a time. On the schedule, Clint and I found probably one of the longest German words we have ever seen before. In German you can get some very long words because you can put many words together to make one word. Here is the word that we saw:
Gemeindehausschneeundeisberäumungsverantwortungsplanungsliste
Pretty amazing, huh? It basically just means: Church building snow and ice cleaning responsibility plan list or something to that effect. Just thought I would share that one! :)
Oh, one more thing... Heidi has now a total of 4 teeth! She got 3 new teeth all at the same time, in the last couple of days! I couldn't believe it when I saw them all at the same time! She turns 1 on Tuesday! Where has the time gone???
4 comments:
I want to see snow!! From the comfort of inside of course! It was 77 in Tucson yesterday.
"Gemeindehausschneeundeisberäumungsverantwortungsplanungsliste"
I LOVE IT!!!!! ;oD
And yay for Heidi's teeth!
And yay for snowflakes on Clint's nose!
And I don't think I've mentioned it, but I love the pic of the three of you in your blog header. Gorgeous!
Love and miss you guys,
C.
I wish we could have that kind of snow where we live in Scotland... just rain for us! Just wanted to let you know that I am a regular reader of the Chemnitz Chronicles!
You've been given an award! Check out our blog.
Love ya xx
I hope it doesn't snow like that again this winter!! That was enough for me!
Post a Comment