Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trying to keep up

Well, I have found it difficult lately to stay on top of, well, just about everything. This is a busy time for us with the LST Program and the OC campaign here. I have found it hard to keep things in order at home, blog, e-mail and get our newsletter etc. done as well as take care of Heidi. Of course she takes the priority and so that takes up most of my time and then I am scrambling to try to get the house in order, etc. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm sure I will get used to the whole routine eventually, but right now it is a struggle. I felt like I was actually handling it all quite well for a while there, but since the summer activities have started it has been harder.

I took Heidi to the dr. again yesterday. She got another shot. She only has 2 more and then we don't have to go back again until she is 1! Wow, that will be nice to not have to go every 2 weeks.
She weighs 13 lbs. 4 1/2 oz. She has been eating carrots (baby food of course) and enjoying it and of course making a mess! :) She finally got her feet to her mouth recently. That is pretty funny to see. She seems to like to cuddle with something when she's going to sleep sometimes. So I have given her a little teddy/ blankie thing a couple of times.

Another thing that we need to be doing at the moment is packing up our apartment to move to the Sullivan's. We have to be out by the end of July so we really need to get going on it. However, I just don't know when we are going to have the time to do it! At least after next week when the LST team leaves we can start moving things over there. Please pray for us in this big transition. It will be wonderful having a lot more space for this year but I think it will also feel strange living in someone else's house... especially since the Sullivan's will be gone. :( I'm not really looking forward to that part.


Here is a video of one of the first times Heidi rolled to her side. Do you prefer seeing it clearly but in a smaller size or larger and a little fuzzy? Let me know!


Heidi laughing at Mommy's game. Here is a video in the larger size, but it's a little blurry.



In May we had our monthly Fellowship Singing in Chemnitz. All the churches of Christ in Saxony joined us and we learned new songs from the song book and just enjoyed praising God together!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi april!

what a cutie heidi is! it's fun "watching" you play together. thanks for posting the video of singing too, it brings back great memories. good luck staying on top of everything--my advice? take it one day at a time! I've had the flu the last few days and my house is a disaster. that's all I can think--maybe tomorrow I'll feel better and I can tackle it all! but not today...and that's ok.

love you!

Amanda said...

hang in there april - i know what you mean. it's hard to get everything done when things are busy and you have a baby. and you won't get everything done. but that's okay. just keep doing what you're doing. it's so fun to see heidi. her and casen seem like they are so much alike in terms of what they can do. i can't wait till we can get them together.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, just wait until there are 2 of 'em runnin' around! LOL My house is a constant wreck! Loved seeing you and Heidi playing!

Lana

The Raabs said...

April,
Hang in there and get as much help as you can handle. You'll make it just fine.
Listen, can you email me - I have a question about Listen Up! cd's (payment received - have you received your cd's?) my email: sraabs [at] yahoo.ie

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! You will Never get everything done. I thought it would get better as she got older but instead the messes just got bigger. :) Love to see those videos, I guess the bigger size is better. The smaller one is just too small. Keep the videos coming!
Love,
Big Sis