Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Doesn't it look delicious?

On Friday we celebrated Thanksgiving since Larry left for Bulgaria on Monday. We usually don't get to celebrate on the actual holiday since it is not a holiday here. So instead we celebrated early and on a Friday, which felt strange. However, we still feasted on some amazing food and had a great time together.


Even Snickers had turkey for Thanksgiving.


In the past years we have gotten together with all the Americans in Saxony, but this year we decided to do a smaller celebration in Chemnitz. We did have a couple of visitors, though. Amanda from Oelsnitz and Mark and Karen Abercrombie from Bremen. I planned on getting a group photo of us all at the table, but unfortunately I forgot. I guess I was too excited about eating!




Larry carved the turkey.

I made sweet potato casserole and Clint and I made deviled eggs and Clint made his mom's famous peanut butter cream pie. It was a hit! Of course we had all the other stuff as well... turkey, ham, green bean casserole, salad, mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberry sauce, rolls, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, etc. Eby enjoyed the meal thoroughly!


Larry looked really excited about carving the turkey. :)

3 comments:

Tina said...

It looks so homy and special...!

In 2003 I was in the U.S. at thanksgiving but I've never had the chance to join an original thanksgiving dinner :-(

Alisha said...

Looks (and sounds) delicious! We're celebrating a few days late on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it!

thegermanygirl said...

*sigh*

Miss you all.