Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Day 1 of Family's Trip to Germany
As most of you know, my family came to visit in April! My parents and sister Amy arrived in Dresden on Sunday, April 15th. We figured they would be hungry so we took them to lunch in Dresden and then headed back to Chemnitz. We let my parents into Karen's apartment to put their suitcases and to get settled. There was a men's meeting going on at the Sullivan's so they also got to meet several of the men from church as soon as they arrived. Our goal was to keep them awake until at least 8:30 or 9:00 p.m. so that they could get a good night's sleep and get over jet lag quickly. Once my parents were done at Karen's we went over to our apartment. Even though my parents have seen the apartment before it is very different since we were not married then and Clint didn't get any of his shipped things until the week my parents visited back in 2004. Amy had never been to Chemnitz so it was exciting to show her where we lived. We tried to keep them awake and occupied until 5:00 when we went to a local gym to play volleyball with a group from church. I couldn't convince my Dad to get up from the recliner however, so he stayed and slept for awhile. :( Oh well, I think my Mom and Amy enjoyed watching us play volleyball and meeting people and talking. I think they had fun. We came back and ate dinner and decided that the next day we would go to Seiffen. It wasn't long after that when everyone was ready to go to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey April,
I was very excited to get to spend more time with your family while they were here and that I could get to know them a little better. I would have loves to hang with you more, but it was a pretty busy time... Anyway, it was good to see them and I know you had a wonderful time with your parents and sister... Hope they will come by for another visit soon... Love, Ja-9
Post a Comment