Monday, January 23, 2006

Prayer Requests

I have two important prayer requests. The first one is the nephew of a friend of mine in the church in Chemnitz. His name is Kevin and he is 4 years old. He has been struggling with brain tumors now for several months. I am not sure exactly when he was diagnosed, but I know it all came on very suddenly. They have just discovered that he has more tumors in between his vertebrae. There have been many prayers said on his behalf and I think many people may not know exactly what to pray for. But I just ask that we pray now for the family. Let us pray that God will comfort all those who love Kevin and may there be some way that God's love is shown to them.

I also want to ask that you pray for Jan, an 11 year old boy here in Chemnitz. On Sunday morning he collapsed in the church building and was taken to the hospital. We are not really sure what happened or what is wrong, but please pray for the doctors, that they can treat him and help him with whatever is going on. Please also pray for his family at this time.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. God really is listening and I know he will answer!

1 comment:

thegermanygirl said...

Ed and I visited Jan today, and he's doing better. The doctors haven't told him anything about what might be wrong, but I don't know if they might have told his parents something more specific. Anyway, he was in good spirits, glad to see us, and looking forward to coming home Tuesday or Wednesday!