Friday, October 22, 2004

It's Been Awhile

Well, it has definitely been a month since I have written anything in this blog. I guess the past month has been pretty busy. I have done a lot of things and I have no idea how I'm going to catch up. I think I'm going to try to do a very short overview of what has happened in the last month. You will more than likely be able to read more details in my monthly newsletter, which is now going to be a two month-er since I never sent one for September either! I am doing pretty bad, aren't I?

At the end of September I went to Filzmoos, Austria for a Frauenfreizeit (Ladies' Retreat). It was so much fun and quite possibly the most beautiful place I have ever seen! It was in a little village in the Alps! It was great. I am hopefully going to post pictures soon so you can see for yourself how beautiful it was.

The day before I got back from the Frauenfreizeit, the Vienna Studies group from OC came to Chemnitz and I had 5 or 6 girls stay in my apartment on Friday night without me. Altogether there were about 20 or so people, including the sponsors, the Kooi family. They were in charge of the English Bible Study on Friday night and on Saturday they helped pack some winter clothes to take to Bulgaria. Every winter the church takes a load of clothes to a church in Bulgaria for people who need some warmer clothes. On Saturday I arrived home and was greeted by the OC group and had a good time getting to talk with them.

A few days later, my parents came to visit me! It was fun but too short and they were pretty worn out with all the running around and site seeing we did. I think they enjoyed their time here and I certainly enjoyed showing them around Chemnitz and letting them see where I live. This same week, Clint's things finally arrived! It was so exciting! That means that I have the last items that I shipped along with his as well so I was just as excited!

Well, these are the big events that have been happening lately and I will put more details later. I just wanted to get back in the habit of writing. Right now I am working on getting internet access in my apartment so hopefully it will be easier for me to keep this up-to-date.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well and hopefully I will be able to write more soon.

No comments: